From Beyond

-> Le gros Gore qui tache et les films dégueux à vomir

Messagepar mutation » 05 Novembre 2005, 10:37

je me souviens surtout de la scène où Ken Foree se fait dévorer par une nuée d'insectes zarbis : une scène bien gore !!!!!
mutation
Oh My Gore ! Fan

Messagepar YoUtH » 05 Novembre 2005, 22:32

Toujours inédie en Zone 1 ce film qui m'a l'air tout bonnement exellent.
YoUtH
Oh My Gore ! Worshipper

Messagepar darquos » 06 Novembre 2005, 13:06

Pas vu non plus... :joues rouges:
darquos

Messagepar Alex W » 29 Mai 2006, 11:25

revu il y a peu !!!

Un des meilleurs gordon !

crampton, Combs et Foree ! Du 3 étoiles...
Alex W
Oh My Gore ! Worshipper

Messagepar The Trooper » 30 Mai 2006, 18:05

des minutes supplementaires ont été retrouvées (news )

CITATION
I'm still flying high from the discovery. I've been working on the upcoming DVD release of FROM BEYOND with Greg Carson at MGM and got a call a couple of days before Christmas that they had found some footage. So I went to their postproduction facility in Century City not sure what to expect.

They showed me a small film can full of trims, picture and sound. The can was labeled "For video version" and I recognized the writing of my FROM BEYOND editor Lee Percy. My heart started to race. The trims were threaded up on an old flatbed, and there they were: all the scenes that had been cut by the MPAA nineteen years ago. I had looked for this material in the early 90's but was told it had been thrown out. I assumed it had been lost forever. I almost cried.

The footage includes the complete brain sucking sequence in which Crawford Tillinghast (Jeffrey Combs) sucks out Dr. Bloch's (my wife Carolyn Purdy Gordon) eyeball and spits it out. The eyeball lands on the floor looking up at the camera (it took forever to get that shot). And then we push in on his mouth as he sucks out her brain through her eye socket. I can still remember the lady from the MPAA scolding me about this shot like I was a bad kid sent to the principal's office. "How could you have ever thought we would give you an R rating when instead of cutting away you continue to push in closer and closer AND CLOSER?!"

There is also some extended brain munching, nudity and violence. The only scene that is still missing is one I cut out myself. It occurs early in the film when Crawford goes to tell Dr. Pretorious that the Resonator is working. As Pretorious leaves his bedroom Crawford hears moaning inside and looks in. He sees a beautiful naked young woman trussed up S&M style. In her mouth is a large three-penny nail that has been pounded through her tongue. Crawford frees her and pulls out the nail. She throws a coat over her shoulders and runs out. I cut this scene because I thought the MPAA would never allow such perversion, and now every other kid has a pierced tongue. The lesson I learned is to never censor myself. The good folks at MGM are still looking for this scene.

The plan is to recut the lost footage back into the film and release a Directors Cut. They also plan to release the first wide screen version of FROM BEYOND and are planning a ton of extras to make it comparable to Elite's Millennium Edition of RE-ANIMATOR.
The Trooper
No social life

Messagepar chevaliers47 » 08 Juin 2006, 09:28

J'adore ce film pour son grand coté malsain (le coté sm etc) ; est t'il dispo en dvd ?
chevaliers47
Expert Member

Messagepar jeepers » 16 Octobre 2006, 09:03

j'ai adoré ce film que dire de plus des films comme ça on en fait malheureusement plus haaaaa !!!! nostalgie :crying:
jeepers
Oh My Gore ! Fan

Messagepar asath » 30 Octobre 2007, 07:34

eheh c'est vraiment un ramassé de tout et n'importe quoi tellement ca part en déconfiture ! :D
Enfin on retrouve bien l'influence de Bryan Yuzna, avec ces monticules d'ectoplasmes cremeux a souhaits, mais aussi dans d'autres films tel que Society ou meme Horribilis.
Du coup à fond le carton pate, le caoutchouc et autres recettes du B movie super décalé....et surtout une bonne dose de fun!
asath
Oh My Gore ! OFFICIAL MEMBER

Messagepar aede » 31 Décembre 2007, 15:37

C'est du très bon, j'en garde un sacré souvenir ! mais bon, les films avec l'ami Jeffrey Combs c'est toujours du bon !
aede
Oh My Gore ! Addict

Messagepar chevaliers47 » 20 Janvier 2008, 10:22

Pour info le film est sorti en zone 1 , j'ai reçut le min que j'ai acheter ici :

CINEBOX
chevaliers47
Expert Member

PrécédenteSuivante

Retourner vers Cinéma Gore, Trash & Splatter